A couple weeks ago I had noticed that Holden wasn't acting like himself. He was really grumpy and fussy which is not like him at all! He constantly whined and cried if I wasn't holding him or paying attention to him, and all he wanted to do was nurse. I finally realized that he was teething! His gums were a little red and puffy, he was drooling a lot and his nose was kind of runny. It took about two weeks for his tooth to cut through the gum and by then I noticed he had another one coming in. I was excited but nervous at the same time. The second tooth was definitely a lot easier to come through and it came in pretty fast!
Since I'm nursing, I was worried he might try and bite me. But so far he hasn't! He doesn't want to nurse a lot more than normal which can get frustrating especially when I have things I need to get done. But its nice knowing I can comfort him and soothe some of the pain. I hate having to give him medicine, I would rather try natural ways to make him feel better. I've heard of amber teething necklaces that are suppose to help with the pain, since amber is said to be a natural pain reliever. So I'm planning on ordering one soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment