Sunday, December 25, 2011

SO blessed!

It was Holden's first Christmas this year and it was amazing! He got so many great gifts and he got to see his Uncle Vinh who he hasn't seen since July! It's been a crazy few weeks and I'm kind of glad to get back to normal life but also sad that the holiday's are over!

The Sunday before Christmas we went over to Chase's grandparents and had a Christmas party. It was really fun, we ate, played bingo and did a gift exchange! Chase's cousin Joel has a son who is 2 days younger than Holden. Which is really cool that we have all the babies close in age. We tried getting a picture of all three of the boys and it wasn't really working. We had Cooper go and sit by the little ones and Cooper went and sat on Holden it was hilarious! Coop absolutely LOVES Holden and is ALWAYS trying to play with him and kiss him. I can't wait until Holden is older and can play back rather than sitting there and looking at him.


So last week we got a very big surprise! I was sitting in our dining room when all of a sudden I heard someone jumping down into our patio and knocking on our sliding glass door! It scared the crap outta me. It happened to be my younger brother Vinh who lives in California. He was on winter break and surprised us by driving down with his friends. He stayed for about a week and it was so nice! Holden absolutely loves him. Holden played with him and Vinh even gave him a bath! I'm so happy that I got to see my brother, we are really close and so it's really hard for me not to see him everyday. It definitely made the holiday's even better!



Early in the week I got together with Chase's sister Kacey to finish up our Holiday gifts and to take a picture of Holden and Cooper in their pajamas Chase's mom got them! It's a lot harder to do projects when you have two little ones running/crawling around. I went there at 10 and didn't end up leaving until around 5! But it was a fun day and I love when the boys get together and play. Cooper was so excited to play with Holden that he kept running up to him and knocking him over to kiss him! We actually caught him sitting on Holden when he was trying to crawl! It was sad that Holden was crawling but so funny that Cooper was trying to ride him.





On Christmas Eve we went over to Chase's cousin Joel and his wife Jess's house to have dinner. I had to make a dessert and ended up making Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars that turned out really well! Afterwards we went over to Kacey's and opened gifts. It was so fun to see the boys open their presents! Holden was more occupied with the wrapping paper and Cooper was walking around sweeping and vacuuming everything with his new gifts from Grandmom and Grandpa!



CHRISTMAS DAY
On Christmas day we woke up around 10 and opened gifts. Holden was so excited to play with all of his toys! He had a lot of fun opening his gifts too! Though once he opened them he would play with the wrapping paper for a minute until we took it away to open another gift. Later on Grandpa, Grandmom and Aunt Aspen came by to see what Holden got. Chase and I both decided that we weren't going out on Christmas since we were running around on Christmas Eve. It was nice to just sit back and relax all day. I cooked a turkey and made all the fixings that go with it! All in all it was a great Christmas.



Chase and I are so blessed to have a happy healthy baby boy! He brings SO much joy into our lives and we love watching him grow everyday and learn new things. He's such a sweet baby and he makes us so happy!









No comments:

Post a Comment