Tuesday, March 20, 2012

1 year milestones

Holden has officially turned one and it definitely shows! He is getting to be quite the handful and we LOVE it! We went to his 1 year check up and he's doing awesome. He's a happy healthy baby! We got so lucky with Holden, he only had 2 ear infections and been perfectly healthy besides that! He's such a calm easy going baby, he rarely cries and he is pretty friendly (for the most part.) Here's how he's growing:

Weight: 22.16 lbs 40 percentile
Height: 29.53in 42 percentile

He is now able to drink whole milk, but I am still nursing. I don't know exactly when I'm going to stop since he doesn't seem to want to. We do give him 4-6 oz of coconut milk a day though. Chase and I have decided we are going to delay on giving him cow's milk and only give almond or coconut. Since I'm nursing he doesn't need the fat from cows milk and will do just fine without it. 

He isn't picky, and will eat anything and everything! I tried so hard to give him a variety of foods, even if it was a food I didn't really like or one that Chase didn't like. So far it's working. He loves his fruits and veggies and that makes me happy. Some of his favorite foods are:
Waffles
cheerio's 
yogurt
cheese
bananas
mandarin oranges
spaghetti
rice
PHO
broccoli
peas
and anything mommy or daddy has on their plate

He loves music and dances to every little beat! It doesn't matter if it's a cart at the grocery store rattling or actual music. If its making noise chances are he's dancing.  His favorite song is "We found love" by Rihanna, we could be out doing something or busy at home and if he hears it he stops and just listens and then dances.

He's taken so many steps it's crazy! He still crawls everywhere, but we will catch him just standing up and walking! It's so cute! He took his first steps the day after his birthday. I was freaking out and had a permanent smile on my face ALL day!


No comments:

Post a Comment