So the month of February was SO crazy! I have been running around with my head cut off. I can honestly say that I am glad it is over! Who knew planning a baby's birthday could be so stressful? It all started with finding the right theme. Since Holden was about 2 months old I knew I was going to do a Little Man theme. I always call him my little man and felt like it was unique enough that not very many people would use it. The only problem with that was finding decoration for it. Since it wasn't an ordinary theme I couldn't just go over to Zurcher's and pick up everything. I started looking on Etsy and Pinterest to get some ideas. I ended up finding an AMAZING girl to do the invites and printable set. She did such a wonderful job, way better than I could have imagined! She even added these super cute printable's that I framed. I couldn't wait to get everything put together. If anyone know's me they know that I HATE to procrastinate. I have to get everything done in perfect timing. Here are some of the things I made for the party:
Water bottles with labels
Chocolate mustaches
Mustache straws
Banner (courtesy of Kacey)
Food:
Chicken Salad "manwiches"
Lil Smokies
Bowtie Pasta Salad
Salad
Grape Salad (big hit!)
"Couch Potato Chips"
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
We had originally planned on having the party at our apartment's clubhouse. Chase had called and asked if we were able to reserve it for a couple hours and they told him that they had stopped letting residents use the clubhouse for parties about 2 months ago! I was soo upset! I tried looking for another place to reserve and it just wasn't working out. Our apartment isn't the smallest place but it definitely isn't big either! Thankfully Kacey (Chase's sister) told me we could do it at her house! I was so relieved and thankful. She was to have a baby shower earlier that day too. So she was busy ALL day!
I ordered these super cute mustache molds to make chocolate suckers. They NEVER came! I ordered them way in advanced and they said they would be here by the 27th. Well the 27th came and past. And Nothing. I was soo upset. Luckily my friend Ashley (who has mustache EVERYTHING) had one. We got together one day and did them! It took FOREVER. The tray only has 3 molds and we had to do about 45 of them and wrap them! But they turned out SO good!
Since my parent's weren't going to be able to make it they wanted to contribute somehow. I had wanted to order Holden a smash cake and just do cupcakes for the guests. I had found a place that did them and the cakes were so cute! It's called Salt Cake City. I ended up getting a 2 tiered cake nad 24 cupcakes. The cake was old fashion PB & J and the cupcakes were Orange Dreamsicle! They turned out amazing and I am SO glad I ordered through them, I am definitely planning on ordering from her again.
My original plans were to just order the food and not have to stress about making it. But one thing led to another and I just ended up making everything BUT the chicken salad. And I'm so glad I did, it's way more rewarding to know you made everything. I had tried a new recipe out for a fruit salad. It's called Grape salad and I found it here! Everyone loved it!
On the day of the party I got up and I was a little stressed out. I had to get the cake and then head over to Kacey's. Chase had to take Holden to get the balloons and then head over as well. We got there a little earlier so we had a while to set up.
Holden did so good at the party. Especially for not taking a good nap at all. He was just content and calm like always. I'm so glad he did well. And he LOVED eating his cake. At first we would just lick it and eat the frosting. Chase ended up flipping it over and Holden started crying. It was the saddest thing. But once he realized what was under the frosting he went to town. He ate soo much of that cake!
He got so many great gifts, he definitely did get spoiled!
All in all we had an amazing day and we are so truly blessed to have such loving friends and family around us. It was a great first birthday and I am glad I have 11 months until I have to plan his next one!
I must say though I couldn't have done anything without Kenzie, she dealt with my stress and helped me with ABSOLUTELY everything! She was definitely my second set of hands when it came to everything. She put up with my OCD ways that's for sure. She even offered to take all the pictures at the party so I wouldn't have to stress over it! Thank you so much Kenz!
Once we got home Holden had such a sugar high that he was laughing like crazy. Chase was throwing a ball against the door and this was the outcome.
Since my parent's weren't going to be able to make it they wanted to contribute somehow. I had wanted to order Holden a smash cake and just do cupcakes for the guests. I had found a place that did them and the cakes were so cute! It's called Salt Cake City. I ended up getting a 2 tiered cake nad 24 cupcakes. The cake was old fashion PB & J and the cupcakes were Orange Dreamsicle! They turned out amazing and I am SO glad I ordered through them, I am definitely planning on ordering from her again.
My original plans were to just order the food and not have to stress about making it. But one thing led to another and I just ended up making everything BUT the chicken salad. And I'm so glad I did, it's way more rewarding to know you made everything. I had tried a new recipe out for a fruit salad. It's called Grape salad and I found it here! Everyone loved it!
On the day of the party I got up and I was a little stressed out. I had to get the cake and then head over to Kacey's. Chase had to take Holden to get the balloons and then head over as well. We got there a little earlier so we had a while to set up.
Holden did so good at the party. Especially for not taking a good nap at all. He was just content and calm like always. I'm so glad he did well. And he LOVED eating his cake. At first we would just lick it and eat the frosting. Chase ended up flipping it over and Holden started crying. It was the saddest thing. But once he realized what was under the frosting he went to town. He ate soo much of that cake!
He got so many great gifts, he definitely did get spoiled!
All in all we had an amazing day and we are so truly blessed to have such loving friends and family around us. It was a great first birthday and I am glad I have 11 months until I have to plan his next one!
I must say though I couldn't have done anything without Kenzie, she dealt with my stress and helped me with ABSOLUTELY everything! She was definitely my second set of hands when it came to everything. She put up with my OCD ways that's for sure. She even offered to take all the pictures at the party so I wouldn't have to stress over it! Thank you so much Kenz!
Once we got home Holden had such a sugar high that he was laughing like crazy. Chase was throwing a ball against the door and this was the outcome.






No comments:
Post a Comment