Friday, October 14, 2011

Its official, the helmet is OFF!

After a very long few months Holden finally got the okay to not wear the helmet anymore :) he had his appointment on Wednesday so I drove up hoping they would say he could take it off. I was so excited, that if they said otherwise I would've been pretty bummed. His doctor said his head looks great for such a severe case. He asked me what i thought and of course I said he said looked a million times better then before. He then said he doesn't need it anymore and I about cried! Its been such a rough few months. Especially in the summer. He would sweat soo much and he would always have a heat rash from it. The worst was when we would take it off and he would rub his head. I swear every time he did that I would want to cry and not put it back on, but I knew that the longer he wore it the better the results would be.

It couldn't be more perfect timing. My parents had come up to visit and were leaving that day so I decided I wanted to drive back with them. I'm so excited to be spending time with my family. It's really hard being so far away from them. Especially because I'm so close to them. I know leaving is going to be hard like it always is, but I'm so glad I got to spend some extra time with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment