He LOVES to brush his teeth
He has 5 teeth (I know totally odd number,) but he's getting 3 more in!
He likes to dance to just about anything.
He's standing and scooting all around our couches.
He stood by himself for 30 seconds!
He's discovered our toilet :/
So when Holden was 4 months old we put him in his own room, in his crib. And he slept AMAZINGLY! He slept at least 12 hours straight. But it has been hard trying to keep a schedule since we have traveled quite a bit and teething doesn't help either. For the past 2 1/2 months he's been sleeping in our bed. I know its horrible. It's just so much easier having him right there especially to nurse him. But he is such a wild sleeper that it really has gotten to the point where Chase either sleeps in the living room or gets kicked and smacked all night long. And with Chase working so much sleep is really important. I don't really believe in letting a baby cry themselves to sleep. I find it cruel and mean, plus living in an apartment it would be hard for my neighbors to listen to my son cry! So on Sunday I had this BRIGHT idea that I would take my sons crib and put it into our room and see if that helps. Well me being me if I have an idea I have to do it then and there and can not wait. I knew his crib wouldn't fit through the door so I had this smart idea of taking our doors off of the hinges. Why? I'm not really sure! Well once I took the doors off the crib still didn't fit, so I ended up taking the back off of his crib! It was so unnecessary to take off our doors and there was no way I could put them back on myself.
All in all it has been going pretty well. He's been going to sleep by 8 (which for my son is not the norm) and he's been staying asleep until about 12:30 AM. He'll wake up and cry a little or want to stay awake. So normally I either rock him and get him back to sleep but if he's refusing that's when I just set him in his crib and let him cry for 5 minutes and then check on him and do it again in 10. And normally by then he falls back asleep until 8:30! I'm hoping to do this whole crib in our room thing for about a week then move his crib back into his room. And hopefully he stays asleep! I'll keep everyone updated!
| Sleeping in his crib! |
No comments:
Post a Comment